Attic Ventilation Services for Katy, Texas
Ventilating your attic properly may be the single-most significant way you can improve the heating, air conditioning and overall ventilation of your home. Plus, maintaining the correct amount of attic ventilation will help protect your roof, keep your home cooler and make your air conditioning more efficient. Plus, you will save money on energy costs. Contact our roofing and attic ventilation experts at Barrier Roof Systems of Katy, Texas, to discuss effective methods to ventilate your attic.
Signs that Your Attic Requires Better Ventilation
Poor attic ventilation becomes a bigger problem when the heat of the sun bakes a home during the spring, summer and early fall months. The air temperature in your attic can build to 160 degrees or more. Pay attention to the signs that the attic of your home needs better ventilation. Look for these red flags:
- Temperatures vary from room to room, with some areas in the home feeling much hotter than other areas.
- A big increase in monthly energy bills.
- An air conditioning system that runs nearly constantly.
- Damage to the roof from excessive heat, moisture and material decomposition.
- Broken vents.
- Malfunctioning or seized-up turbine vents.
- Damage to your home’s paint, with paint blistering from the excessive heat.
- Damage to shingles from excessive heat.
What You Can Do to Improve Your Attic Ventilation
There are a number of important steps you can take to dramatically improve the ventilation of your attic. First, contact the attic ventilation experts at Barrier Roof Systems, Katy, Texas, for a no-cost inspection, consultation and estimate for attic ventilation services.
Our roofing and attic ventilation team will offer options for:
- Installing additional turbine vents on the main sections of the roofing exterior.
- Installing solar-powered vents.
- Installing vents underneath and on the eaves of the roof.
- Adding a ridge vent on apex of the roof’s slope to release hot air accumulating in the attic.
- Applying additional insulation in strategic locations in the structural interior areas of the roof.
- Sealing the floor of the attic.
Attic Ventilation Services from Barrier Roof Systems
Talk to the experts in attic ventilation services at Barrier Roof Systems, Katy, Texas, As a roofing insurance claims expert with an A+ rating as an accredited business Better Business Bureau since 2015, we are the leaders in providing better attic ventilation in the West Houston Metro and Katy, Texas, area, including the communities of: